Wednesday 13 May 2015

KINGS OF USIU RADIO







Who is Teddy Eugene Otieno?
          Basically Teddy Eugene Otieno is a Radio Presenter, a student at USIU-A, Journalism major. Concentrating in Public Relations but broadcasting is in my blood.

 Tell me what drives you, ever since you started radio and till this very moment you managed to secure a job in Nation FM 93.6 as the producer of the morning show?
     Looking back at 4 or 5 years that I have been in the radio industry, waking up every morning knowing that I’m not only going to give my listeners something new but also generate something that is going to build up my brand is what drives me every day. I’m also motivated by the fact that radio is being  taken as a craft and that radio should be channeled towards making it the profession that it is. Professionalization in radio is what I’m fighting for. 

  Whom do you look up to?
         I look up to so many people. Some are ladies because presenting is something you supposed to take as a skill as well. Internationally I look up to. Locally I look up to my big brother in the industry Prince Nesta. He identified me and grew with me. When it comes to ladies I look up to Caroline Mutuko and my colleague Angela Angwenyi. They know what being professional is.

What challenges have you gone through?
Finding your footing is one major challenge. And also trying to build your own audience which is actually a challenge to all presenters.

Are you dating?
No.

Who is an ideal woman for you?
An honest, focused being consistent, cool calm person ready to work with. Someone who knows her space. That is what an ideal woman is for me.

What do you find unique in yourself?
I’m a very deep person. At times I also cry If I have to.

Message to the young presenters
Know why you getting into this, and always know there is someone better than you out there, you have to be focused. And don’t change because of fame around the school be humble be good to people.

Partying shot.
Don’t be a fool take care of your tool.






Denver Ochieng aka Dj No ID
Who’s Dj No ID?
Dj turntable, radio explorer, producer, presenter.

How do you feel about your success so far since you started doing dj thing and now that you Dj in Tortillas IQ?
It has been a journey. I started four years ago. I’m grateful that what I’m doing is touching people’s lives, listening to my mixes, coming for my events. I appreciate everything I get from them and I give them my best.

What drives you?
My love for music, my family, my support system.

Whom do you look up to?
Dj Jessy Jeff and Dj Angelou and locally I look upto Dj Joe MFalme and Dj style.

Are you dating?
No, I; not dating and I’ve never done so ever since I started my university life.

Who is an ideal woman for you?
One who will understand that I’m a public figure because some guys may tend to do things which are not relationship friendly. One who’s focused and knows what she wants in her life.

What’s unique about you that many people don’t know?
I’m a difficult person to understand. 

Message to the young USIU 99.9 FM radio presenters and Djs?
Start early, as of me I started in my second 2nd semester. And be passionate about it. Don’t stick to one link, be consistent and create your own brand too.

Parting shot
Watch out.





Who’s Dj Nish?

Basically a Dj, presenter on radio, music enthusiast, photographer.

How do you feel about your success so far now that you are amongst the contestants in The Presenter show?
It has been a struggle because you have to build yourself personally. It has also been a fruitful journey. I gave up along the way and got back to my feet again. The epitome of everything is when you hear guys whenever your music is played on the decks then you know you doing a good job.

 What drives you?
My family.


Whom do you look up to?
Joe Mfalme, Kim Nick D,  Dj Hassan,  Dj Andy Gee money.

Are you dating?
No, I’m not dating.

Who is an ideal woman for you?
Caring lady, loving, honest, kind hearted, she doesn’t have to be good at love matters. Must be flexible. I don’t want formulas in my relationship. I want someone whom we can mold something with together one who will be with me at my worst and at my best.

What don’t people know about you?
I love my food; I love cooking and also experimenting on new food
Message to the young presenters and dj in USIU  radio 99.9 fm.
Be humble, always.

Parting shot
Shout out to the manager peace love and unity and every person in the USIU family.

No comments:

Post a Comment